Even if you take every effort to keep your car in immaculate condition, chips and scratches are inevitable. While things like nature’s elements, passing drivers, and stray debris on the highway may be out of your control, there’s one way you can protect your vehicle. It’s called paint protection film, and it just might save you a headache from exterior car repairs.
What Is Paint Protection Film?
Also known as “clear bra”, paint protection film is one of the latest and innovative defense mechanisms for keeping your car as shiny and new as the day you bought it. This film was originally developed by 3M and the military during the Vietnam war to protect the rotor blades on helicopters from accruing damage. Because the urethane coating technology proved to be so effective, it was later used to protect fighter jets from nose damage.
A quality paint protection film will have at least three layers:
- Clear coat: This is the top layer made of elastomeric polymers designed to heal scratches. This layer has low surface energy, meaning organic compounds like bird droppings will not bond with the film.
- Polyurethane: This is the most important aspect of paint protection film, also known as from urethane. This clear, lightweight film is incredibly resistant, protecting your car’s exterior from damage caused by corrosion or abrasion. It can stretch back to its original shape due to its flexible nature.
- Acrylic adhesive. The bottom layer of paint protection film makes it possible for the film to be wrapped around every part of your vehicle. It’s pliable, durable, and you’ll never have to worry about it coming off over time.
What Are the Benefits of Paint Protection Film?
Using paint protection film is the most effective way to keep your vehicle from getting damaged. A car with a fresh application of paint protection film will:
- Give your car a sparkling appearance
- Take less time to clean
- Be protected against scratches
- Save you money on repairs
For the most trusted paint protection film in Melbourne Florida, contact Details Matter for questions or an appointment now!